Saturday, July 9, 2011

Vlog 1: Hello World



Note: This is a Vlog transcript, as such it is conversational and is not corrected to a "written" format of voice.


Hello and welcome to my video log, theAwkwardGEEK. A little bit about that name, I'm actually listed as AwkwardGEEK on Youtube because theAwkwardGeek is actually taken. But, I will refer to myself as theAwkwardGEEK, you'll see that in any graphics that I do for this. That's the name, it's theAwkwardGEEK and it's just something that's sort of descriptive of me. I'm definitely a geek, I'm very passionate about the things I do, especially computers and technology, any games that I play. I'm a very awkward person, I stumble over myself, I'm sort of socially awkward as many geeks are, so I just felt that was a descriptive name. It allowed me to poke fun at myself, to show you that, you know, this is, while there may be serious topics in the blog, I can be funny, I can be silly. I like to be funny and silly, it's part of, sort of my philosophy for life. So, poking fun at myself, theAwkwardGEEK, there you go.

The premise of this vlog is to talk about being human. It's something that, when I took creative writing classes in college, we talked about literary fiction was sort of exploring what it was like to be human. This vlog is sort of similar, but, instead of creative fiction, I'm going to share being human through life experiences, I'm going to share being human by talking about how we can be better people, and I'm going to share being human through talking about news stories and things of that nature, and my reactions to those if I feel like they're pertinent to what it's like being human. And being human is such a broad concept, but in general, it's, you know, what does it feel like to be human, what do we see, what do we hear, what do we do? And how do we react to the world around us, how do we react to other people? And so that's sort of the basic premise of it. I want to be able to have a discussion with the internet about being human. I feel like it's something that isn't talked about a lot. There's so much stuff on the internet, all this pop culture stuff, and it's great, but, I just want to talk about being human, I just want to have that discussion.

And then lastly, a little introduction to me, because you'll be seeing a lot of me if you're following this blog. I'm 22, turning 23 tomorrow actually. Today is the 7th of July, in 2011 and I'm a young person, but I'm an adult. I've graduated college and have a bachelors in Psychology. And I had hoped after graduating to do something with it, either to go on to graduate school, really that was sort of my goal was to go on to graduate school. But right now, just looking for a job. I'm in a part-time job right now. Minimum wage. It's just enough to allow me to contribute a little bit of money to the house, I'm living at home, it's an unfortunate circumstance but it is what it is. And to just make minimum payments on my tuition bills, you know, the loans that I took out. So, that's the situation as it is, it's not a happy situation, but you're going to find that I'm relatively upbeat about it. I am optimistic, I'm looking for jobs in my field, looking for the possibility of going to grad school. So I'm pretty optimistic, and it's not a big deal. I just think that life is worth living, and even if everything isn't ideal it's not a huge issue. It's not worth being upset over. So, that's a little about me. It's a little bit about this blog.

I don't know how often I'm going to do these blogs, I don't know if it's going to be daily or a few days a week or weekly or what. It really depends on whether or not this blog is successful, whether or not I feel up to it. How busy I am. All things depending, that's sort of what we're looking at there. I don't know how long these are gonna be. This one is gonna hopefully be somewhere between four and five minutes, I'm almost finished. And I really wouldn't want to expect them to be long. I can be sort of wordy, I can be sort of verbose, but I want to keep them a consistent length, so if I have a topic that I want to talk about that takes awhile, I may simply split it up into multiple vlogs, because I feel like people's attention span often doesn't go longer than five minutes. I won't always know what I'm going to talk about next. But to keep you interested, hopefully, the next topic that I'm going to talk about in my next video log, whenever it is, is about being happy, choosing happiness and my discovery of that. I can tell you right now that that IS a long topic, and I don't know whether or not I'm going to just go a full ten minutes and talk about all of it, or if I'm going to split it up, or if it will even just take longer than ten minutes [and] I have to split it up either way. I really don't want to go longer than ten minutes on any of them though, that's for sure.

So, that's all I've got for you right now. I hope you're interested, I hope you're as excited as I am to be doing this. And thank you for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment