Saturday, July 9, 2011

Vlog Set-up, times, etc...

Alright, so, while Vlog 2 is rendering, I figured I would lay out some details about my plans for theAwkwardGEEK.

Times
theAwkwardGEEK will be a weekly vlog which is posted on Sunday nights, probably about 11pm.


Why a Weekly Vlog?
I'm going to make theAwkwardGEEK a weekly vlog for a number of reasons. First, it's a fair amount of work. As the vlogs progress I will be learning more and more about how to use Premiere Elements 8 and will hopefully be able to improve the production quality of the vlogs a fair amount. However, that sort of effort takes time. Also, since I'm not simply spouting off about life or other things, I really have to organize what I want to say so that it comes out in a precise, interesting, and engaging manner. In order do this I need time to write it all down in an "outline" format and then practice it a few times to get all of my thoughts out and time everything.

Beyond those reasons, I simply have other things I'm doing. While making the vlog is fun and exciting, I still have: Work, family, friends, a blog I do during the week, and games that I want to play. All of these things make the task of doing this sort of thing daily extremely daunting. If this was a full-time job (and I was paid accordingly) I could probably manage it, but, even then, coming up with topics would be difficult.

For now it will be a weekly vlog. However, as I get more comfortable with the software, the creation process (topic generation, outlining) and other things, I could be inclined to up the number and do the vlog more frequently.

Layout
I have this blog and the Youtube channel where the vlogs are posted. When I release a new vlog I will post the transcript and outline up on this blog and I will post the vlog on Youtube. This blog will also be used for updates, such as if I need to delay or cancel a vlog, and will also be used to let you know when I post other videos on the channel.

Other Videos
While I may not do the vlog daily, I may post updates of how life is going for me personally on the channel. These are not "theAwkwardGEEK" vlogs, but I will call them "dailies" and I'm not yet certain whether I will do them or how often they will be done, but they're a consideration. I may also post other videos simply of me doing various activities or talking about random topics that I don't feel are vlog worthy, or just because I want to talk about them.

Other Blogs
I may, from time to time, also just post a straight-up blog here. I'm not sure when or if I will, or what would inspire me to such, but I write fairly well and there's always the chance that I'd want to share my thoughts on something in written form. So, keep an eye out for other blogs as well.

Thanks!
Thank you to anyone who chooses to follow my Vlog, and anything else I might post as theAwkwardGEEK. This is a project I'm excited about, and it's something I hope can touch many people and use the power of the internet to a positive purpose. If you like it, share it with your friends, let people know about theAwkwardGEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment