Thursday, December 22, 2011

Daily 18


Daily 18 :: 12/22/2011

Existential Questions
  • My lack of solid, substantive relationships came to a head today
  • I realized that my ability to create friendships is rather weak, which is an underlying problem for anything stronger than just a friendship, and for keeping and maintaining current friendships
  • One major issue is that while I'm empathic, I have a difficult time stepping in other people's shoes
    • My inability to see things from the perspectives of others was masked by a couple things
      • First, my natural empathy helped me to understand the emotions of others, which helped me to think I understood them, but understanding rarely went deeper than emotion unless I managed to deduce something.
      • Second, I have the ability to see other perspectives to an extent, especially pertaining to things in which I have experience.
      • However, in spite of these things, my experience in relationships (friendships and otherwise) is rather limited due to how my life has happened, and, as a result, my ability to switch perspectives in regards to such things is extremely narrow.
    • I'm not going to specifically specify what behavior I recognized, but I realized at least one behavior I was engaging in.
    • Essentially I was engaging in a behavior that I knew was causing issues, but didn't quite "understand" until I actually put myself in their shoes.
    • Understanding puts me in a better position to avoid the behavior, but there's still things I need to do in order to improve.
  • When I can resolve these quandary's, I'll be in a better position to make friends and keep friendships. I'll be a better friend, which is a great goal, because it will help me stay happier.

24-Hour Shift
  • I'm alive, so all is well
  • My feet were definitely killing me though, need some insoles for sure.
  • I have another one from Christmas Eve into Christmas Day! Wish me luck.

An Insane Amount of Hours
  • In addition to the 24-hour shift, I have 3 other 8 hour Eve shifts on schedule
  • I was told that I can pick up a Sleep Aid whenever I do an Eve shift, and since my Eve shifts already push me into overtime, I can potentially pick up a huge amount of hours this week, should they actually allow me to pick up a Sleep Aid for each Eve shift.

Awesome Salad
  • Romaine Lettuce, Walnuts, Apples, Feta Cheese, Cinnamon, and a dressing made of Olive oil, apple cider, cinnamon and allspice? What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment